This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts.
1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths?
2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award.
3. What modern vehicle was invented to circumvent trench warfare?
4. Who invented the parachute?
5. In 1939, Dr. Christian Lambertsen developed the first scuba for the U.S. military. What is "scuba" an acronym for?
1. The Korean War.
2. The Medal of Honor.
3. The tank.
4. Leonardo da Vinci sketched the first parachute, but credit for the invention of the first practical parachute goes to Louis-Sebastien Lenormand.
5. Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, [email protected]