This week, The Answer Man looks at this year's World Series.
1. This year, the Kansas City Royals and the San Francisco Giants are facing off in Major League Baseball's World Series. When was the most recent time that each team won the World Series?
2. This year's series also features two wild-card teams. When was the previous time two wild-card teams met in the World Series?
3. What is a wild-card team in Major League Baseball?
4. How many times has each of this year's teams played in a World Series?
5. How many times has Kansas City faced San Francisco in a World Series?
1. The Royals won in 1985, and the Giants won in 2012.
3. There are four wild-card teams. They are the best two teams in each league not to win a division.
4. The Royals have played in two, and the Giants have played in 19.
5. This year is the first time that these two teams have met in a World Series.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, [email protected]