The wait is almost over for Hollywood's biggest weekend of the year! With the 86th Academy Awards coming up this Sunday, March, it's time to test your Oscar knowledge. Here's our Oscar Quiz, with a little gossip, a little trivia and a few blush-worthy moments mixed in:
1. Jennifer Lawrence has received much attention this year for becoming the youngest three-time Oscar nominee ever at age 23. Who is the youngest male acting nominee this year?
A. Chiwetel Ejiofor of "12 Years a Slave."
B. Jonah Hill of "The Wolf of Wall Street."
C. Barkhad Abdi of "Captain Phillips"
(C: Abdi, who is 28. Hill is 30 and Ejiofor is 36.)
2. He's gone home empty-handed so far despite his Oscar attention. Famously snubbed Leonardo DiCaprio has received how many Oscar nominations in all?
(A: 5 — Best Supporting Actor for "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," Lead Actor for "The Aviator" and "Blood Diamond," and producing and Lead Actor for "The Wolf of Wall Street." Nope, nothing for "Titanic.")
3. Ellen DeGeneres wowed 'em when she hosted the 2007 Academy Awards. Now she's back for her second round of hosting. Who hosted the Oscars the most times?
A. Billy Crystal
B. Bob Hope
C. Johnny Carson
(B: Hope, with 18 turns as Academy Awards emcee. Crystal's done the job nine times and Carson comes in third with five Oscar hosting gigs.)
4. This past Oscar nominee crashed the Academy's Board of Governor's Ball wearing rumpled cotton slacks and a Hawaiian shirt.
A. Johnny Depp
B. Bill Murray
C. Djimon Hounsou
(B: Bill Murray)
5. This Best Actor Oscar winner's acceptance speech, thanking his high school drama teacher, a gay man, is said to have been the inspiration for Kevin Kline's "In and Out" movie.
A. Richard Dreyfuss for "The Goodbye Girl"
B. Tom Hanks for "Philadelphia"
C. Russell Crowe for "Gladiator"
(B: Tom Hanks)
6. Hal Holbrook and Ruby Dee were nominees with a special distinction in the 80th Oscars. What did they have in common?
A. They were the last two nominees born before the first Academy Awards.
B. They were also both Emmy nominees that year.
C. They both did voiceovers for Sears Financial Services.
(A: They were born before the first Oscars in 1929)
7. The story goes that she won an Oscar, he was jealous, and it led to their breakup.
A. Sandra Bullock and Jesse James
B. Sally Field and Burt Reynolds
C. Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise
(B: Sally Field and Burt Reynolds. Bullock learned James was having an affair days after her Oscar win. Kidman won after her marriage to Cruise had ended.)
8. "12 Years a Slave" Best Supporting Actress nominee Lupita Nyong'o has taken the fashion and gossip worlds by storm. During Academy Awards season, she's reportedly started a romance with which fellow nominee?
A. Leonardo DiCaprio of "The Wolf of Wall Street"
B: Jared Leto of "Dallas Buyers Club"
C. "Her" filmmaker Spike Jonze
(B: Leto — although she laughed off the rumors on Ellen DeGeneres' show saying she'd heard "Miley Cyrus broke us up!")
9. Which one of these portrayals did not involve partial nudity?
A. Gwyneth Paltrow "Shakespeare in Love"
B. Catherine Zeta-Jones "Chicago"
C. Kathy Bates "About Schmidt"
(B: Catherine Zeta-Jones)
10. Which Best Actress winner was so mortified to realize she'd forgotten to thank her husband in her acceptance speech, she spent the next year trying to rectify the slight?
A. Halle Berry
B. Hilary Swank
C. Helen Hunt
(B: Hilary Swank, who won again the next year and thanked ex-husband Chad Lowe first.)
11. After he dumped her on national TV, she showed up on the Oscar red carpet looking especially stunning.
A. Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Paltrow
B. Billy Bob Thornton, Laura Dern
C. Matt Damon, Minnie Driver
(C: Matt Damon, Minnie Driver)
12. "Gravity" filmmaker Alfonso Cuaron also directed ...
A. One of the "Harry Potter" movies
B. One of the "Fast and the Furious" movies
C. One of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies
(A: "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban")
12. Who is the oldest of this year's acting nominees?
A. Dame Judi Dench of "Philomena"
B. Bruce Dern of "Nebraska"
C. June Squibb of "Nebraska"
(A: At 84, Squibb holds this distinction)
13. Which actress was so flustered by her win she left her Oscar behind in the ladies room?
A. Cate Blanchett
B. Meryl Streep
C. Whoopi Goldberg
(B: Meryl Streep, who has certainly had a chance to get used to Oscar night excitement since then, with her record 18 nominations and three wins, so far. She is up for Oscar honors again this year as Best Actress for "August: Osage County.")