This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women.
2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have been diagnosed with breast cancer this year? a. 2,190 b. 410 c. 5,600 d. 40,000
3. A woman's risk of developing breast and/or ovarian cancer is greatly increased if she inherits a harmful mutation in either of these genes.
4. True or False: The United States has the highest breast cancer incidence and mortality rate of any country.
5. With October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, many players in a variety of sports will hit the field laced up in a particular color to show their support. What color has become universally accepted to represent breast cancer awareness?
2. a. 2,190
3. The BRCA1 and BRCA2 genes.
4. False. The majority of deaths occur in low- and middle-income countries, where most women with breast cancer are diagnosed in late stages, mainly because of a lack of awareness and barriers to health services.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, [email protected]