This week, The Answer Man looks at history in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
1. Which of the following rivers in Virginia is no longer known by its original Algonquin Indian name? a. Rappahannock b. Chickahominy c. Rivanna d. Appomattox
2. This tobacco-planting early English settler is known as the husband of Pocahontas, who was the daughter of the chief of the Powhatan Confederacy.
3. What shy and reserved Virginia representative to the Continental Congress shocked his founding brothers with profoundly written words that declared England's King George III "a Tyrant" who was "unfit to be the Ruler of a free People"? a. James Madison b. Thomas Jefferson c. Patrick Henry d. George Washington
4. Gen. George Washington fought at all but one of the following battles. Name the battle in which he did not fight. a. Fort Necessity b. Saratoga c. Yorktown d. Trenton
5. Who was the first post-Revolutionary War governor of Virginia? a. George Mason b. Jack Jouett c. Thomas Jefferson d. Patrick Henry
1. c. Rivanna
2. John Rolfe.
3. b. Thomas Jefferson
4. b. Saratoga
5. d. Patrick Henry. He served as the first and sixth post-Colonial governor of Virginia, from 1776 to 1779 and from 1784 to 1786.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, [email protected]