Down With Disease This week, The Answer Man looks at infectious diseases. 1. German measles is a highly infectious, short-lived disease that affects older children and young adults. What is its more common name? 2. Rubella is not the same as measles (rubeola), though …Read more. Awareness in October This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have …Read more. Mythology This week, The Answer Man looks at Roman and Greek mythology. 1. Equivalent to the Greek god Dionysus, who is the Roman god of festivities with wine? 2. Jupiter is to Zeus as Venus is to: a. Athena b. Aphrodite c. Hestia d. Maia 3. In Greek …Read more. Old Dominion This week, The Answer Man looks at history in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 1. Which of the following rivers in Virginia is no longer known by its original Algonquin Indian name? a. Rappahannock b. Chickahominy c. Rivanna d. Appomattox 2. This …Read more.more articles
The Armed Forces
This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts.
1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths?
2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award.
3. What modern vehicle was invented to circumvent trench warfare?
4. Who invented the parachute?
5. In 1939, Dr. Christian Lambertsen developed the first scuba for the U.S. military. What is "scuba" an acronym for?
2. The Medal of Honor.
3. The tank.
4. Leonardo da Vinci sketched the first parachute, but credit for the invention of the first practical parachute goes to Louis-Sebastien Lenormand.
5. Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM