This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Our Nation's Capital 1. This U.S. president signed bipartisan legislation creating the National Cultural Center in Washington. Name the president. 2. How many monuments or memorials are named after U.S. presidents in the District of Columbia? 3. Washington, D.C., …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at America's Pastime of Shopping 1. In the mid-1970s, the United States had about 11,000 shopping malls. Approximately how many shopping malls are in the U.S. today? 2. This mall is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world, featuring 520 stores, 50 restaurants and …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Names 1. Barbie has been a popular fashion doll since 1959. What is Barbie's full name? 2. Carlos Irwin Estevez is a television and screen actor who has had a long list of legal woes. By what name do we know this celebrity? 3. Steveland Judkins and …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Religions 1. This time of year, many Christians partake in a period of Quadragesima. What is Quadragesima? 2. In the Muslim faith, the first Eid of the year is known as Eid al-Fitr. What is Eid, and what is Eid al-Fitr? 3. Why do all Jewish holidays begin the …Read more.more articles
This Week, the Answer Man Looks at the Continent of Africa
1. TRUE or FALSE: Farmers in Africa have had great success with domesticating zebras.
2. TRUE or FALSE: Elephants have no natural enemies.
3. This desert is said to be the oldest in the world and the only desert in Africa that is inhabited by giraffes, lions, elephants and rhinos. Name it.
4. TRUE or FALSE: Africa is almost an island, with the only connection to other land being the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt.
5. TRUE or FALSE: The average giraffe is 6 feet tall at birth.
2. TRUE. Poaching is the biggest threat to these 6-ton creatures.
3. The Namib Desert.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM