This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Languages 1. TRUE or FALSE: Some Spaniards speak with something resembling a lisp, at least to those accustomed to the pronunciation of Latin American Spanish, because there was a Spanish King Pedro of Castile (1334-69) who had a lisp. So as not to embarrass …Read more. Truncated This week, The Answer Man looks at elephants. 1. A bull elephant with a trail of oily liquid on the side of his head is probably in must. What is must? 2. Side preferences are common in the animal kingdom. Do elephants show a side preference in …Read more. Old-Time Religion This week, The Answer Man looks at religions around the world. 1. Who was the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, and in what year was his acceptance? 2. Born Siddhartha Gautama, a royal prince, this sixth-century B.C. prophet achieved …Read more. The Saints Are Marching This week, The Answer Man looks at the New Orleans Saints football team. 1. What two teams did the Saints defeat in the playoffs to advance to play the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV? 2. In Super Bowl XLIV, how many more completions did Drew Brees record …Read more.more articles
If You Build It
This week, The Answer Man looks at architectural marvels.
1. Name the world's largest low-rise office building, with a total floor area of 6.6 million square feet.
2. Name the tallest freestanding structure in the Western Hemisphere. And where is it?
3. There is a building that is more than 2,716.5 feet tall, has more than 160 stories and holds many records, including having elevators with the longest travel distance in the world. Name this building and its location.
4. The foundation stone of an expiatory church was laid on March 19, 1882, and construction continues on the building to this day. When the church is finished, it will have 18 towers — 12 dedicated to Jesus' apostles, four to the evangelists, one to Jesus and another to Mary.
5. Name the tunnel that is currently both the longest and the deepest operational rail tunnel in the world and is also the longest undersea tunnel in the world. And where is it?
1. The Pentagon.
2. The CN Tower, which is in Toronto.
3. Burj Khalifa, in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
4. Basilica de la Sagrada Familia, in Barcelona, Spain.
5. The Seikan Tunnel, Japan.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, firstname.lastname@example.org.
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM