Old Dominion This week, The Answer Man looks at history in the Commonwealth of Virginia. 1. Which of the following rivers in Virginia is no longer known by its original Algonquin Indian name? a. Rappahannock b. Chickahominy c. Rivanna d. Appomattox 2. This …Read more. If You Build It This week, The Answer Man looks at architectural marvels. 1. Name the world's largest low-rise office building, with a total floor area of 6.6 million square feet. 2. Name the tallest freestanding structure in the Western Hemisphere. And where is it?…Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Languages 1. TRUE or FALSE: Some Spaniards speak with something resembling a lisp, at least to those accustomed to the pronunciation of Latin American Spanish, because there was a Spanish King Pedro of Castile (1334-69) who had a lisp. So as not to embarrass …Read more. Truncated This week, The Answer Man looks at elephants. 1. A bull elephant with a trail of oily liquid on the side of his head is probably in must. What is must? 2. Side preferences are common in the animal kingdom. Do elephants show a side preference in …Read more.more articles
This week, The Answer Man looks at Roman and Greek mythology.
1. Equivalent to the Greek god Dionysus, who is the Roman god of festivities with wine?
2. Jupiter is to Zeus as Venus is to: a. Athena b. Aphrodite c. Hestia d. Maia
3. In Greek mythology, this river — the river of "hate" — forms the boundary between earth and the underworld, which dead souls must cross over.
4. Following up No. 3, Cerberus is said to guard the gate into Hades. What is Cerberus?
5. In Roman mythology, there is a god with no Greek equivalent, Janus.
2. b. Aphrodite
4. The hellhound Cerberus is a three-headed dog with a serpent's tail, a mane of snakes and a lion's claws.
5. Janus is the god of beginnings and transitions. He is usually portrayed with two faces, looking to the future and to the past.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM