Old-Time Religion This week, The Answer Man looks at religions around the world. 1. Who was the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, and in what year was his acceptance? 2. Born Siddhartha Gautama, a royal prince, this sixth-century B.C. prophet achieved …Read more. The Saints Are Marching This week, The Answer Man looks at the New Orleans Saints football team. 1. What two teams did the Saints defeat in the playoffs to advance to play the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV? 2. In Super Bowl XLIV, how many more completions did Drew Brees record …Read more. This Week the Answer Man looks at America's First Ladies 1. This first lady celebrated her 50th birthday this year. Name her. 2. This first lady had the nickname "Lemonade Lucy," because she refused to serve liquor or wine in the White House. Who was she? 3. This first lady is credited with saving Gilbert …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Looks at Ocean Life 1. Scuba divers may come across an elver while on a dive. What is an elver? 2. What does it mean when you hear that a whale has breached? 3. TRUE or FALSE: All ocean waters have fish that inhabit them. 4. Name the largest non-mammal species found in …Read more.more articles
This week, The Answer Man looks at elephants.
1. A bull elephant with a trail of oily liquid on the side of his head is probably in must. What is must?
2. Side preferences are common in the animal kingdom. Do elephants show a side preference in their trunk?
3. TRUE or FALSE: Elephant herds are normally led by a male elephant that is the oldest or largest of the herd.
4. Elephants in a zoo can produce as many as 60 boluses each day. What are elephant boluses?
5. TRUE or FALSE: Elephants love water and are good swimmers.
2. Yes. More than 90 percent of the time, an elephant will curl its trunk to a preferred side, depending on whether it is "right-trunked" or "left-trunked," to grab an object.
3. False. The herd is typically led by a female elephant, and all of the females in the herd are directly related to the matriarch.
4. Elephant boluses are dung balls.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM