This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Food and Dining 1. The meat of this animal tops popularity surveys around the world. Name it. 2. This fast-food chain nearly doubles its closest competitor in estimated sales. Name the restaurant. 3. Argentina is one of the top consumers per capita of meats, which …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Challenges Your Knowledge of Baseball Rules 1. TRUE or FALSE: The hands are considered part of the bat. 2. TRUE or FALSE: The home plate umpire can overrule the other umps at any time. 3. TRUE or FALSE: If a batted ball hits the plate first, it is a foul ball. 4. TRUE or FALSE: A pitch is a …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Television 1. This television series ran in radio version for nine years before becoming one of the longest running prime time television drama series. Name it. 2. In February 2013, this program became one of the most watched shows in U.S. TV history. Name it.… …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at World War II 1. Can you name the World War II liquid-fuel, German-rocket bomb that is considered the forerunner to today's ballistic missile? 2. What was referred to by the Japanese as their "unsinkable" aircraft carrier during World War II? 3. What …Read more.more articles
This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Island Nations and Territories
1. What was the original name of the island now known as Puerto Rico?
2. Name the capital of Puerto Rico.
3. Johnston Atoll is one of the most isolated atolls in the world and is currently designated as a federal bird refuge. For what other purposes has this island been used?
4. A U.N.-occupied 'buffer zone' exists between the two halves of this independent nation. Name the island.
5. How many independent island nations are considered to be a part of Africa?
1. San Juan
3. For 30 years Johnston Island was used by the U.S. Department of Defense for the storing and handling of chemical weapons stockpiles.
4. The Republic of Cyprus
5. Not including Reunion or any other islands owned or administered by other countries, there are six: Cape Verde, Comoros, Madagascar, Mauritius, Sao Tome and Principe and The Seychelles.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2013 CREATORS.COM