This Week the Answer Man Looks at Ancient Civilizations 1. A basalt slab, unearthed by Napoleon Bonaparte's troops in 1799, was the key to deciphering Egyptian hieroglyphics. What is the name of this priceless stone? 2. In addition to the process of preserving the dead and installing their departed …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Native Americans 1. The name of this state comes from Choctaw words, which translate to "red people." Name the state. 2. TRUE or FALSE: Sacagawea was a Lemhi Shoshone woman, who accompanied the Lewis and Clark Expedition, acting as an English interpreter for them. 3.…Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at the Revolutionary War 1. Toward the end of the Revolutionary War, the Continental Congress had taken away the authority of general officers to award commissions in the field. Why? 2. George Washington issued a general order establishing the Badge of Distinction and Badge …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Looks at Sports 1. At which sport has the United States won the most Summer Olympics medals? 2. In what year was the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) founded? 3. The X Games is an annual sports event that focuses on extreme sports. What …Read more.more articles
This Week the Answer Man Looks at Neighbors to the North, Canada
1. Canada uses six primary time zones. Name all six.
2. In April 2013, the U.S. State Department issued a presidential permit for the construction of a new bridge linking Detroit and Windsor, Ontario, in Canada. What is the significance of this site?
3. What do Wiarton Willie and Punxsutawney Phil have in common?
4. Fifty percent of all the polar bears in the world live in this area of Canada. Name the province.
5. Two U.S. states do not participate in Daylight Savings Time. Name the Canadian Province that also shuns this practice.
1. From east to west they are Newfoundland Time Zone, Atlantic Time Zone, Eastern Time, Central Time Zone, Mountain Time Zone and the Pacific Time Zone.
3. They are both weather-prognosticating groundhogs.
5. Saskatchewan. The clocks remain on Central Standard Time with the exception of the city of Lloydminster. Lloydminster observes Mountain Time year-round, and changes its clocks for DST.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM