The Armed Forces This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts. 1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths? 2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award. 3. What modern vehicle was …Read more. Down With Disease This week, The Answer Man looks at infectious diseases. 1. German measles is a highly infectious, short-lived disease that affects older children and young adults. What is its more common name? 2. Rubella is not the same as measles (rubeola), though …Read more. Awareness in October This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have …Read more. Mythology This week, The Answer Man looks at Roman and Greek mythology. 1. Equivalent to the Greek god Dionysus, who is the Roman god of festivities with wine? 2. Jupiter is to Zeus as Venus is to: a. Athena b. Aphrodite c. Hestia d. Maia 3. In Greek …Read more.more articles
This week, The Answer Man looks at this year's World Series.
1. This year, the Kansas City Royals and the San Francisco Giants are facing off in Major League Baseball's World Series. When was the most recent time that each team won the World Series?
2. This year's series also features two wild-card teams. When was the previous time two wild-card teams met in the World Series?
3. What is a wild-card team in Major League Baseball?
4. How many times has each of this year's teams played in a World Series?
1. The Royals won in 1985, and the Giants won in 2012.
3. There are four wild-card teams. They are the best two teams in each league not to win a division.
4. The Royals have played in two, and the Giants have played in 19.
5. This year is the first time that these two teams have met in a World Series.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook, email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM