The Armed Forces This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts. 1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths? 2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award. 3. What modern vehicle was …Read more. Down With Disease This week, The Answer Man looks at infectious diseases. 1. German measles is a highly infectious, short-lived disease that affects older children and young adults. What is its more common name? 2. Rubella is not the same as measles (rubeola), though …Read more. Awareness in October This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have …Read more. Mythology This week, The Answer Man looks at Roman and Greek mythology. 1. Equivalent to the Greek god Dionysus, who is the Roman god of festivities with wine? 2. Jupiter is to Zeus as Venus is to: a. Athena b. Aphrodite c. Hestia d. Maia 3. In Greek …Read more.more articles
1. How many countries were members of the United Nations in 1945?
2. The "European Economic Community" is a group that began with six founding member-nations and was later absorbed by a much larger group. By what name is the larger group known?
3. Following on Question 2, how many nations or states are currently members of that group?
4. Only three foreign private citizens have ever been invited to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress. Can you name them?
5. How many countries were included in the first United Nations Security Council in 1946? For bragging rights, name them.
2. European Union.
4. The following private citizens were invited to address the joint sessions of the U.S. Congress: the Marquis de Lafayette of France (1824), Lech Walesa of Poland (1989) and Nelson Mandela of South Africa (1990).
5. 5. Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Poland and the Netherlands were the first members.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM