This Week, the Answer Man Looks at the Continent of Africa 1. TRUE or FALSE: Farmers in Africa have had great success with domesticating zebras. 2. TRUE or FALSE: Elephants have no natural enemies. 3. This desert is said to be the oldest in the world and the only desert in Africa that is inhabited by …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Our Nation's Capital 1. This U.S. president signed bipartisan legislation creating the National Cultural Center in Washington. Name the president. 2. How many monuments or memorials are named after U.S. presidents in the District of Columbia? 3. Washington, D.C., …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at America's Pastime of Shopping 1. In the mid-1970s, the United States had about 11,000 shopping malls. Approximately how many shopping malls are in the U.S. today? 2. This mall is one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world, featuring 520 stores, 50 restaurants and …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Names 1. Barbie has been a popular fashion doll since 1959. What is Barbie's full name? 2. Carlos Irwin Estevez is a television and screen actor who has had a long list of legal woes. By what name do we know this celebrity? 3. Steveland Judkins and …Read more.more articles
1. How many countries were members of the United Nations in 1945?
2. The "European Economic Community" is a group that began with six founding member-nations and was later absorbed by a much larger group. By what name is the larger group known?
3. Following on Question 2, how many nations or states are currently members of that group?
4. Only three foreign private citizens have ever been invited to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress. Can you name them?
5. How many countries were included in the first United Nations Security Council in 1946? For bragging rights, name them.
2. European Union.
4. The following private citizens were invited to address the joint sessions of the U.S. Congress: the Marquis de Lafayette of France (1824), Lech Walesa of Poland (1989) and Nelson Mandela of South Africa (1990).
5. 5. Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Poland and the Netherlands were the first members.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM