This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Our Neighbors to the North, Canada 1. This national park was the first established park in Canada and the second in North America. Name it. 2. This Canadian province used to be called "Terra Nova" and is also referred to as "The Rock." Name it. 3. The United States uses nine standard …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Late-Night Television 1. This month, Jimmy Fallon took over as host of "The Tonight Show" and moved the show back to New York City. Where had the show been previously broadcast and who moved it to that location? 2. This late-night talk show host began his entertainment …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Presidential Trivia 1. He is the only president of the United States to be sworn into office by his father. Name both the president and his father. 2. He was the first president to be inaugurated at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. Name him. 3. He is the only …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Asks, "Who said it?" 1. This Founding Father's last words were thought to be: "Is it the Fourth?" Name him. 2. This Founding Father died on the same day as the previous patriot. His last words were quoted as being: "Thomas Jefferson still survives." 3. This U.S. …Read more.more articles
1. How many countries were members of the United Nations in 1945?
2. The "European Economic Community" is a group that began with six founding member-nations and was later absorbed by a much larger group. By what name is the larger group known?
3. Following on Question 2, how many nations or states are currently members of that group?
4. Only three foreign private citizens have ever been invited to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress. Can you name them?
5. How many countries were included in the first United Nations Security Council in 1946? For bragging rights, name them.
2. European Union.
4. The following private citizens were invited to address the joint sessions of the U.S. Congress: the Marquis de Lafayette of France (1824), Lech Walesa of Poland (1989) and Nelson Mandela of South Africa (1990).
5. 5. Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Poland and the Netherlands were the first members.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM