Truncated This week, The Answer Man looks at elephants. 1. A bull elephant with a trail of oily liquid on the side of his head is probably in must. What is must? 2. Side preferences are common in the animal kingdom. Do elephants show a side preference in …Read more. Old-Time Religion This week, The Answer Man looks at religions around the world. 1. Who was the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, and in what year was his acceptance? 2. Born Siddhartha Gautama, a royal prince, this sixth-century B.C. prophet achieved …Read more. The Saints Are Marching This week, The Answer Man looks at the New Orleans Saints football team. 1. What two teams did the Saints defeat in the playoffs to advance to play the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV? 2. In Super Bowl XLIV, how many more completions did Drew Brees record …Read more. This Week the Answer Man looks at America's First Ladies 1. This first lady celebrated her 50th birthday this year. Name her. 2. This first lady had the nickname "Lemonade Lucy," because she refused to serve liquor or wine in the White House. Who was she? 3. This first lady is credited with saving Gilbert …Read more.more articles
1. How many countries were members of the United Nations in 1945?
2. The "European Economic Community" is a group that began with six founding member-nations and was later absorbed by a much larger group. By what name is the larger group known?
3. Following on Question 2, how many nations or states are currently members of that group?
4. Only three foreign private citizens have ever been invited to address the joint session of the U.S. Congress. Can you name them?
5. How many countries were included in the first United Nations Security Council in 1946? For bragging rights, name them.
2. European Union.
4. The following private citizens were invited to address the joint sessions of the U.S. Congress: the Marquis de Lafayette of France (1824), Lech Walesa of Poland (1989) and Nelson Mandela of South Africa (1990).
5. 5. Brazil, Mexico, Australia, Poland and the Netherlands were the first members.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM