If You Build It This week, The Answer Man looks at architectural marvels. 1. Name the world's largest low-rise office building, with a total floor area of 6.6 million square feet. 2. Name the tallest freestanding structure in the Western Hemisphere. And where is it?…Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Languages 1. TRUE or FALSE: Some Spaniards speak with something resembling a lisp, at least to those accustomed to the pronunciation of Latin American Spanish, because there was a Spanish King Pedro of Castile (1334-69) who had a lisp. So as not to embarrass …Read more. Truncated This week, The Answer Man looks at elephants. 1. A bull elephant with a trail of oily liquid on the side of his head is probably in must. What is must? 2. Side preferences are common in the animal kingdom. Do elephants show a side preference in …Read more. Old-Time Religion This week, The Answer Man looks at religions around the world. 1. Who was the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, and in what year was his acceptance? 2. Born Siddhartha Gautama, a royal prince, this sixth-century B.C. prophet achieved …Read more.more articles
1. Who authored the abolitionist work, "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
2. Name the twin brothers who set up the town that became Rome.
3. What is the most-used punctuation mark, according to the "Barron's Student's Concise Encyclopedia"?
4. What city is sometimes referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty"?
5. What is the term for an affirmative use of a true statement?
6. What mythical Latin beast wore a single horn in the center of its forehead?
7. In what year was the Little League established? And for what youthful sport?
8. What is Colorado's state mammal?
9. Name Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. Hawaii also has a state marine mammal. Name it.
2. Romulus and Remus developed the city that became Rome.
3. The comma is named as the most-used punctuation mark.
4. Boston is referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty."
5. The term is known as an oath.
6. The unicorn wore the single horn on its forehead.
7. Little League Baseball was born in 1939 in Williamsport, Pa.
8. The Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep is Colorado's state mammal.
9. The porpoise is Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. The humpback whale is Hawaii's state marine mammal.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Andy Seamans, Horizon House #603, 1300 Army Navy Dr., Arlington, VA 22202.
COPYRIGHT 2010 CREATORS.COM