Old-Time Religion This week, The Answer Man looks at religions around the world. 1. Who was the first Roman emperor to become a Christian, and in what year was his acceptance? 2. Born Siddhartha Gautama, a royal prince, this sixth-century B.C. prophet achieved …Read more. The Saints Are Marching This week, The Answer Man looks at the New Orleans Saints football team. 1. What two teams did the Saints defeat in the playoffs to advance to play the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV? 2. In Super Bowl XLIV, how many more completions did Drew Brees record …Read more. This Week the Answer Man looks at America's First Ladies 1. This first lady celebrated her 50th birthday this year. Name her. 2. This first lady had the nickname "Lemonade Lucy," because she refused to serve liquor or wine in the White House. Who was she? 3. This first lady is credited with saving Gilbert …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Looks at Ocean Life 1. Scuba divers may come across an elver while on a dive. What is an elver? 2. What does it mean when you hear that a whale has breached? 3. TRUE or FALSE: All ocean waters have fish that inhabit them. 4. Name the largest non-mammal species found in …Read more.more articles
1. Who authored the abolitionist work, "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
2. Name the twin brothers who set up the town that became Rome.
3. What is the most-used punctuation mark, according to the "Barron's Student's Concise Encyclopedia"?
4. What city is sometimes referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty"?
5. What is the term for an affirmative use of a true statement?
6. What mythical Latin beast wore a single horn in the center of its forehead?
7. In what year was the Little League established? And for what youthful sport?
8. What is Colorado's state mammal?
9. Name Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. Hawaii also has a state marine mammal. Name it.
2. Romulus and Remus developed the city that became Rome.
3. The comma is named as the most-used punctuation mark.
4. Boston is referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty."
5. The term is known as an oath.
6. The unicorn wore the single horn on its forehead.
7. Little League Baseball was born in 1939 in Williamsport, Pa.
8. The Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep is Colorado's state mammal.
9. The porpoise is Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. The humpback whale is Hawaii's state marine mammal.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Andy Seamans, Horizon House #603, 1300 Army Navy Dr., Arlington, VA 22202.
COPYRIGHT 2010 CREATORS.COM