Batter Up! This week, The Answer Man looks at this year's World Series. 1. This year, the Kansas City Royals and the San Francisco Giants are facing off in Major League Baseball's World Series. When was the most recent time that each team won the World Series?… …Read more. The Armed Forces This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts. 1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths? 2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award. 3. What modern vehicle was …Read more. Down With Disease This week, The Answer Man looks at infectious diseases. 1. German measles is a highly infectious, short-lived disease that affects older children and young adults. What is its more common name? 2. Rubella is not the same as measles (rubeola), though …Read more. Awareness in October This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have …Read more.more articles
1. Who authored the abolitionist work, "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
2. Name the twin brothers who set up the town that became Rome.
3. What is the most-used punctuation mark, according to the "Barron's Student's Concise Encyclopedia"?
4. What city is sometimes referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty"?
5. What is the term for an affirmative use of a true statement?
6. What mythical Latin beast wore a single horn in the center of its forehead?
7. In what year was the Little League established? And for what youthful sport?
8. What is Colorado's state mammal?
9. Name Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. Hawaii also has a state marine mammal. Name it.
2. Romulus and Remus developed the city that became Rome.
3. The comma is named as the most-used punctuation mark.
4. Boston is referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty."
5. The term is known as an oath.
6. The unicorn wore the single horn on its forehead.
7. Little League Baseball was born in 1939 in Williamsport, Pa.
8. The Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep is Colorado's state mammal.
9. The porpoise is Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. The humpback whale is Hawaii's state marine mammal.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Andy Seamans, Horizon House #603, 1300 Army Navy Dr., Arlington, VA 22202.
COPYRIGHT 2010 CREATORS.COM