Take Me Out to the Ballgame For this final week of The Answer Man, we look at Andy Seamans' favorite pastime, baseball. 1. The Answer Man's favorite baseball player was a Hall of Famer and received the nickname "Mr. Tiger" as a result of his long career and association with …Read more. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas This week, The Answer Man takes an early look at Christmas. 1. Until the 1910s, Christmas card sales in the United States were dominated by imported cards. What reversed this? 2. The custom of the Christmas tree developed in Germany in the early …Read more. Rocking the Vote This week, The Answer Man looks at voting in the United States. 1. Which amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads in part, "The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice President, one of whom, at …Read more. Old School This week, The Answer Man looks at ancient history. 1. King Enmebaragesi is the first known historical king and ruled in about 2500 B.C. Can you name the kingdom over which he ruled? 2. From about 1630 B.C. to about 1523 B.C., Egypt was ruled by an …Read more.more articles
1. Who authored the abolitionist work, "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
2. Name the twin brothers who set up the town that became Rome.
3. What is the most-used punctuation mark, according to the "Barron's Student's Concise Encyclopedia"?
4. What city is sometimes referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty"?
5. What is the term for an affirmative use of a true statement?
6. What mythical Latin beast wore a single horn in the center of its forehead?
7. In what year was the Little League established? And for what youthful sport?
8. What is Colorado's state mammal?
9. Name Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. Hawaii also has a state marine mammal. Name it.
2. Romulus and Remus developed the city that became Rome.
3. The comma is named as the most-used punctuation mark.
4. Boston is referred to as the "Cradle of Liberty."
5. The term is known as an oath.
6. The unicorn wore the single horn on its forehead.
7. Little League Baseball was born in 1939 in Williamsport, Pa.
8. The Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep is Colorado's state mammal.
9. The porpoise is Florida's state saltwater mammal.
10. The humpback whale is Hawaii's state marine mammal.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights." Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Andy Seamans, Horizon House #603, 1300 Army Navy Dr., Arlington, VA 22202.
COPYRIGHT 2010 CREATORS.COM