Take Me Out to the Ballgame For this final week of The Answer Man, we look at Andy Seamans' favorite pastime, baseball. 1. The Answer Man's favorite baseball player was a Hall of Famer and received the nickname "Mr. Tiger" as a result of his long career and association with …Read more. It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas This week, The Answer Man takes an early look at Christmas. 1. Until the 1910s, Christmas card sales in the United States were dominated by imported cards. What reversed this? 2. The custom of the Christmas tree developed in Germany in the early …Read more. Rocking the Vote This week, The Answer Man looks at voting in the United States. 1. Which amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads in part, "The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice President, one of whom, at …Read more. Old School This week, The Answer Man looks at ancient history. 1. King Enmebaragesi is the first known historical king and ruled in about 2500 B.C. Can you name the kingdom over which he ruled? 2. From about 1630 B.C. to about 1523 B.C., Egypt was ruled by an …Read more.more articles
1. This filamentous biomaterial grows from follicles found in the dermis. What is it?
2. The average numbers of hair on the head is highest with people of this hair color. Name it.
3. True or false: Hair grows faster in cold weather.
4. By age 50, over 50 percent of men and approximately 40 percent of women will have this condition.
5. You must lose this percentage of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. Give the percentage.
6. What are melanocytes?
7. Hair covers the whole body, with the exception of these parts. Name them.
8. Hair is primarily composed of this protein. Name the protein?
9. This condition occurs when melanin production decreases or stops.
10. What are anagen, catagen, and telogen?
4. Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss in men and female pattern (hereditary) hair loss in women.
5. 50 percent.
6. Melanocytes are cells in the skin that produce and contain the pigment melanin and determine the color of hair.
7. The soles of feet, palms of hands, mucous membranes, and lips.
9. Gray hair.
10. Anagen is the active or growing phase. Catagen is a fairly short phase of the natural hair cycle during which hairs begin to break down. Telogen is the resting phase.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM