This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Our Neighbors to the North, Canada 1. This national park was the first established park in Canada and the second in North America. Name it. 2. This Canadian province used to be called "Terra Nova" and is also referred to as "The Rock." Name it. 3. The United States uses nine standard …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Late-Night Television 1. This month, Jimmy Fallon took over as host of "The Tonight Show" and moved the show back to New York City. Where had the show been previously broadcast and who moved it to that location? 2. This late-night talk show host began his entertainment …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Presidential Trivia 1. He is the only president of the United States to be sworn into office by his father. Name both the president and his father. 2. He was the first president to be inaugurated at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. Name him. 3. He is the only …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Asks, "Who said it?" 1. This Founding Father's last words were thought to be: "Is it the Fourth?" Name him. 2. This Founding Father died on the same day as the previous patriot. His last words were quoted as being: "Thomas Jefferson still survives." 3. This U.S. …Read more.more articles
1. This filamentous biomaterial grows from follicles found in the dermis. What is it?
2. The average numbers of hair on the head is highest with people of this hair color. Name it.
3. True or false: Hair grows faster in cold weather.
4. By age 50, over 50 percent of men and approximately 40 percent of women will have this condition.
5. You must lose this percentage of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. Give the percentage.
6. What are melanocytes?
7. Hair covers the whole body, with the exception of these parts. Name them.
8. Hair is primarily composed of this protein. Name the protein?
9. This condition occurs when melanin production decreases or stops.
10. What are anagen, catagen, and telogen?
4. Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss in men and female pattern (hereditary) hair loss in women.
5. 50 percent.
6. Melanocytes are cells in the skin that produce and contain the pigment melanin and determine the color of hair.
7. The soles of feet, palms of hands, mucous membranes, and lips.
9. Gray hair.
10. Anagen is the active or growing phase. Catagen is a fairly short phase of the natural hair cycle during which hairs begin to break down. Telogen is the resting phase.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM