The Armed Forces This week, The Answer Man looks at military facts. 1. What 20th-century conflict was dubbed "The Forgotten War" despite 54,246 U.S. deaths? 2. Dr. Mary Edwards Walker was the first woman to earn this congressional award. 3. What modern vehicle was …Read more. Down With Disease This week, The Answer Man looks at infectious diseases. 1. German measles is a highly infectious, short-lived disease that affects older children and young adults. What is its more common name? 2. Rubella is not the same as measles (rubeola), though …Read more. Awareness in October This week, The Answer Man is highlighting Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 1. True or False: Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in women. 2. Breast cancer in men is rare but does occur. Do you know the estimated number of men who have …Read more. Mythology This week, The Answer Man looks at Roman and Greek mythology. 1. Equivalent to the Greek god Dionysus, who is the Roman god of festivities with wine? 2. Jupiter is to Zeus as Venus is to: a. Athena b. Aphrodite c. Hestia d. Maia 3. In Greek …Read more.more articles
1. This filamentous biomaterial grows from follicles found in the dermis. What is it?
2. The average numbers of hair on the head is highest with people of this hair color. Name it.
3. True or false: Hair grows faster in cold weather.
4. By age 50, over 50 percent of men and approximately 40 percent of women will have this condition.
5. You must lose this percentage of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. Give the percentage.
6. What are melanocytes?
7. Hair covers the whole body, with the exception of these parts. Name them.
8. Hair is primarily composed of this protein. Name the protein?
9. This condition occurs when melanin production decreases or stops.
10. What are anagen, catagen, and telogen?
4. Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss in men and female pattern (hereditary) hair loss in women.
5. 50 percent.
6. Melanocytes are cells in the skin that produce and contain the pigment melanin and determine the color of hair.
7. The soles of feet, palms of hands, mucous membranes, and lips.
9. Gray hair.
10. Anagen is the active or growing phase. Catagen is a fairly short phase of the natural hair cycle during which hairs begin to break down. Telogen is the resting phase.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM