This Week the Answer Man Looks at Inventions and Inventors 1. Jack Johnson was the world's first African American heavyweight champion. What is his second claim to fame? 2. What do the initials "YKK," which can be found on many zippers, stand for? 3. Following the previous question, who invented …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Looks at States' Names and Nicknames 1. New York City has been called "The Big Apple". Why? 2. This state was once referred to as "the keg tapped at both ends." Name the state and the origin of this nickname. 3. This state's name is thought to have come from an …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Pays Tribute to our Nation's Veterans and Fallen Heroes 1. Civil War field surgeons called it Soldier's Heart, a condition marked by shortness of breath, heavy perspiration, chest pain and heart palpitations. By what term do we now call this syndrome? 2. This group was chartered and incorporated by …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Is Addressing Tornadoes and Wishing Peace and Strength for the Residents of Moore, Okla. 1. Tornadoes can occur almost anywhere in the world, but this continent consistently has the highest frequency of tornados. Name it. 2. Oklahoma City has been hit by more tornadoes than any other city. What state holds the record for most tornadoes?… …Read more.more articles
1. This filamentous biomaterial grows from follicles found in the dermis. What is it?
2. The average numbers of hair on the head is highest with people of this hair color. Name it.
3. True or false: Hair grows faster in cold weather.
4. By age 50, over 50 percent of men and approximately 40 percent of women will have this condition.
5. You must lose this percentage of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. Give the percentage.
6. What are melanocytes?
7. Hair covers the whole body, with the exception of these parts. Name them.
8. Hair is primarily composed of this protein. Name the protein?
9. This condition occurs when melanin production decreases or stops.
10. What are anagen, catagen, and telogen?
4. Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss in men and female pattern (hereditary) hair loss in women.
5. 50 percent.
6. Melanocytes are cells in the skin that produce and contain the pigment melanin and determine the color of hair.
7. The soles of feet, palms of hands, mucous membranes, and lips.
9. Gray hair.
10. Anagen is the active or growing phase. Catagen is a fairly short phase of the natural hair cycle during which hairs begin to break down. Telogen is the resting phase.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM