This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Presidential Facts and Firsts 1. Who was the first U.S. president to declare Labor Day a holiday? For bragging rights, also provide the year. 2. In what year was the official National Christmas Tree first lit? For bragging rights, also name the U.S. president who participated in …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Thanksgiving 1. Meleagris gallopavo is an odd-looking bird that is known for his bare head, wattle and iridescent plumage. By what name is this creature more commonly known? 2. How did the turkey get its name? 3. From where do wild turkeys originally come? 4. …Read more. This Week, the Answer Man Looks at Native Americans. 1. In June 2010, 86-year-old World War II veteran Clarence Wolf Guts passed away. What was this American hero's claim to fame? 2. Name the Native American chief who defended his people against the encroachment of the U.S. on their tribal lands for …Read more. This Week the Answer Man Looks at Color 1. People with achromatopsia suffer from this disorder. Name the condition. 2. What are the primary colors, and why are they considered to be primary? 3. There are five Olympic rings. Name the colors and what they represent. 4. During the first six …Read more.more articles
1. This filamentous biomaterial grows from follicles found in the dermis. What is it?
2. The average numbers of hair on the head is highest with people of this hair color. Name it.
3. True or false: Hair grows faster in cold weather.
4. By age 50, over 50 percent of men and approximately 40 percent of women will have this condition.
5. You must lose this percentage of your scalp hairs before it is apparent to anyone. Give the percentage.
6. What are melanocytes?
7. Hair covers the whole body, with the exception of these parts. Name them.
8. Hair is primarily composed of this protein. Name the protein?
9. This condition occurs when melanin production decreases or stops.
10. What are anagen, catagen, and telogen?
4. Androgenic alopecia, or male pattern hair loss in men and female pattern (hereditary) hair loss in women.
5. 50 percent.
6. Melanocytes are cells in the skin that produce and contain the pigment melanin and determine the color of hair.
7. The soles of feet, palms of hands, mucous membranes, and lips.
9. Gray hair.
10. Anagen is the active or growing phase. Catagen is a fairly short phase of the natural hair cycle during which hairs begin to break down. Telogen is the resting phase.
Take "The Answer Man" to work or to school. Challenge your friends for "Bragging Rights."
Send your questions and answers to: The Answer Man, Dawn Seamans-Shook. ACSTAM@gmail.com
COPYRIGHT 2012 CREATORS.COM